Boxer dog breed is a short-haired medium-size breed of dog, originally comes from Germany.
- the head is the most characteristic traits of the breed. The head is relatively broad and short, with an almost square snout.
- have underbite and very strong jaws and bite, making it easy to hang onto large prey.
- is a variety of the English Bulldog and the now extinct Bullenbeisser breed (Boxeren is part of the Molosser group of dog breeds).
- typically weighs between 25 and 32 kg. The male dog height to the hips is typically ca. 57 to 63 cm and the female is about. 4 cm lower.
- the coat is short, smooth and is close to the dog’s body is light brown and can have black stripes and white markings.
The white color is often seen on the dog’s stomach and on the four paws. The coat is easy to maintain, and traps not much.
- is a working dog, and has a high energy level.
- need a lot of exercise and mental stimulation for failing to develop kedsomheds and frustations behavior such as chewing on things or dig up the garden.
- is a friendly dog, which, however, are cautious with strangers, require early socialization.
- is calm and devoted to his family, but is strong-willed and courageous facing danger.
- is an intelligent dog.
If you are thinking about getting you a boxer dog, you should consider the following:
- Need very little grooming.
- Is medium in size and muscled built.
- Loves to play and romp.
- Are loyal and have a stable temperament.
- Requires a lot of exercise and mental stimulation
- May seem daunting even though it is kindly voted.
- Can be aggressive towards other dogs of the same sex.
- Have a strong will, which demands a consistent owner.
- The special short Boxers face gives rise to snoring and wheezing.
- Can drool.
- May have gas in the stomach.